Trigger Point Fundamentals
Trigger Point Fundamentals (formerly ‘5 modules’)
The objective of this workshop is to offer attendees insight into myofascial pain and how MTrPs are often the underlying cause.
Attendees discover that there’s much more to Trigger Point Therapy than simply following an illustration to inactivate a specific TrP.
Our CE workshops are known around the world for their high standard of instruction and comprehensive approach.
Our instructors have thoroughly studied and practiced (over many years) the seminal work of Drs. Janet Travell and David Simons.
It’s not another thing we do… it’s the only thing we do.
This 16 hour workshop is highly recommended for health/fitness professionals such as massage therapists, bodyworkers, doctors, physiotherapists, yoga instructors, and fitness professionals who would like advanced training in Trigger Point theory, protocol, and palpation/treatment techniques. It’s also great preparation for future Trigger Point certification.
Trigger points will affect muscles in the sedentary or athletic body and when active, can cause a considerable amount of long term, recurring misery. This can be very frustrating for the practitioner (and patient) unless you are familiar with trigger point behaviour and how to inactivate/remove them.
Trigger Point Therapy/Bodywork, should be considered and recommended as an option for the remedial treatment of chronic pain and/or physical performance issues.
It is our humble opinion, Trigger Point Therapy should also be a part of ALL physical rehabilitation protocol and should be an integral component of all athletic training programmes.
Please note: This workshop demonstrates manual compression techniques. It does NOT include injection techniques nor dry needling methods.
- Myofascial Trigger Points are real
- Causes of trigger point formation
- Susceptibility to trigger points
- How to carry out basic “trigger points” assessment of your client
- How to physically train or rehab a client when trigger points are suspected
- Hands-on practice locating and treating trigger points
- The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: by Clair Davies, N.C.T.M.B.
- Travell and Simons, M.D. and their contributions to Trigger Point Therapy
We’ll practice applied techniques to treat common trigger point related problems including:
- Vertigo / Dizziness
- Jaw – Joint Pain / Clicking
- Neck Pain / Stiffness
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Joint Pain (includes deltoid)
- Pain / Burning Sensation near Scapulae
- Tennis Elbow / Golfer’s Elbow
- Pain in Forearm
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Wrist and Hand Swelling
- Hand and Finger Numbness/Pain (includes arthritis pain)
- Chest Pain / Breast Pain
- Upper Back Pain
- Heartburn, Acid Reflux, GERD
- Gas, Bloating, Diarrhea, Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstrual periods)
- Bladder Symptoms (leakage, urgency, frequency and nocturia)
- Lower Back Pain
- Sacrum and/or Coccyx symptoms
- Hip Joint Pain or Stiffness (arthritis)
- Sciatic Pain
- Groin Pain
- Tight Hamstring
- Rectal/Genital Pain (lecture)
- IT Band Symptoms
- Knee Weakness and/or Pain
- Shin Splints
- Calf Pain and Cramps
- Heel Spurs
- Achilles Tendon Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Foot and Toe Pain
- Flat Feet Issues
- Morton Foot Structure
Course duration: 16 hours
0900-1800 both days
Prerequisite – Open to all health/wellness practitioners
Register for workshops using the PayPal button (if present) above.
If you would like other payment options, such as bank e-transfer, or have questions about the workshop, please contact us using this Registration Form.