WHM Trigger Point Certifications
There is a severe global dearth of Trigger Point practitioners who have extensive knowledge of this therapy; we continue to work toward correcting this shortage.
Here’s what you’ll need to study and do to obtain your WHM™ Level 1 Certification. Lots and lots of study and practice. In my humble opinion, it is well worth the effort.
- Have an above average knowledge of human anatomy.
- Know most of the muscles that are involved with Trigger Point… this includes their names, attachments/location, and their function (there’s a lot of them – get busy!)
- You should have a superior knowledge of bones (most of them) – their names/location
- You own the Travell & Simons Trigger Point Manuals (hardcopy please) and
- You must study the first four chapters of Volume 1 Travell & Simons’ Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual (2-Volume Set) by Simons, David G., Travell, Janet G., Simons, Lois S., Cummin 2nd (second) Edition [Hardcover(1998)]
- Since my applied approach to TPT is based on Clair Davies method of treatment, I’d like you to study the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, by Clair Davies and Amber Davies.
- The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief (A New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
- You have attended at least 3, William Huhn Method™ 1-day workshops, or have attended the WHM™ (5-day) “Introduction to Trigger Points; Hands-on Workshop – Upper Half of Body and Lower Extremities”. This will introduce you to my way of employing effective TPT. Note: You can wait for me to come to your city to present a workshop or you may come to me for a private workshop.
- You have practiced your applied techniques on your friends and family and anyone else who is willing to offer their body to you for practice. I suggest you should not charge a fee to these folks, because you still know very little about TPT and they’re helping you to acquire some skills. You should ideally log about 100 hours of applied practice.
- Then, finally, you will successfully complete the WHM™ Level 1 workshop that includes a written exam, to obtain your Certificate of Achievement.
- Congratulations, now the real learning begins!
- Holds a current William Huhn Method™ – Level 1 Certificate of Achievement
- Logged over 500 hours employing Trigger Point therapy/bodywork as their primary treatment method, not adjunct to to other therapy models
- Extensive knowledge of Travell & Simons Trigger Point manuals
- Demonstrates comprehensive “client intake” methods
- Exceptional client care skills
- Demonstrates extensive understanding of Trigger Point protocol
- Demonstrates above average knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- Successful completion of the 1-day, Level 2 written / practical examination
- Holds a current WHM™ – Level 2 Certificate of Achievement
- Logged at least 100 intern hours at WHM™ workshops
- Exceptional speaking/instructing skills
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Employs Trigger Point methods as their primary method of treatment for their clients
- Successful completion of the WHM™ Approved Educator, examination process