Trigger Points & Women’s Health
June 12 2018
Happiness Yoga Ayurveda
Thanks to all who attended.
The next Women’s Health workshop will be posted here soon.
This 8 hour, CE workshop is suitable for massage therapists, yoga therapists, bodyworkers, physiotherapists, and other interested fitness and health professionals, who desire some ‘in-depth’ instruction on locating and treating myofascial trigger points.
This workshop specifically addresses symptoms that many women present with, such as migraine, bladder issues, painful periods, bowel symptoms, pregnancy-related pain, and more.
We will be locating and treating TrPs in the trapezius, sternocleidomastoid, temporalis, pectoralis major, quadratus lumborum, rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis, and external obliques. Attendees will also practice palpation techniques to discover and treat TrPs in the hip adductors, and gluteal muscles.
We’ll also discuss intrapelvic / pelvic floor TrPs, and their effects on the pelvic and genital area.
- detailed palpation techniques of muscles for trigger points, treatment techniques, post-treatment protocol, latent/active TrPs, contraindications.
- demonstrate how TrPs play a major role in common symptoms we treat such as headaches, migraine, groin pain, IBS, diarrhea/constipation, loss of appetite (anorexia), levator ani syndrome and proctalgia fugax. As well we will cover female-specific symptoms that include; breast pain, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), dyspareunia (painful intercourse), bladder symptoms, urinary tract symptoms and pregnancy related symptoms.
- discuss the muscles that play a causal role in these issues – and how to deactivate their trigger points.
- demonstrate how exercise affects trigger points in these muscles.
- protocol for rehabilitating the TrP affected muscle.
- the effects of heat/ice on TrPs.
- how stress, medications, over-use, trauma and skeletal abnormalities affect TrPs.
Course duration: 8 hours.
Certificate of Completion will be issued
CSEP 8 CE Credits (Category G)