Trigger Points Common to Athletes
This 8 hour, CE workshop is designed for athletes, bodyworkers, physiotherapists, fitness trainers, and other interested fitness and health professionals, who desire some in-depth instruction regarding Trigger Point protocol and locating and treating myofascial trigger points that are common to the athletic body.
The workshop will cover the above topics and we will be locating and treating TrPs in the
- pec major/minor,
- quadratus lumborum,
- gluteus min/med/max,
- hamstrings and
Attendees will also practice palpation techniques to discover and treat TrPs in the hip adductors, iliopsoas, gastrocs, and other relative muscles.
We’ll also discuss TrPs, that effect the pelvic and genital/rectal area, which is a common complaint from athletes.
Check below for PayPal Registration.
- detailed palpation techniques of muscles for trigger points, treatment techniques, post-treatment protocol, latent/active TrPs, contraindications.
- symptoms that include; shoulder, elbow, groin, perineum, hamstring, knee, hip, buttock. As well, attendees will discover and be shown the trigger points that may produce the symptoms of shinsplints, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, piriformis syndrome, and more!
- discuss the muscles that play a causal role in these issues – and how to deactivate their trigger points.
- demonstrate how exercise affects trigger points in these muscles.
- protocol for rehabilitating the TrP affected muscle.
- how TrPs always affect muscle strength and performance and why muscle performance always improves when trigger points are removed.
- the effects of heat/ice on TrPs.
- how stress, medications, over-use, trauma and skeletal abnormalities affect TrPs.
Course duration: 8 hours.
Certificate of Completion will be issued
NCBTMB – 8 CE Hours
CSEP – 8 CECs (Category G)
Ideal Workshop for: Sports Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Kinesiologists, Personal Trainers and Athletes
Sign up for workshops using the form below.