Shoulders and Migraine
This 6 hour, CE workshop is designed for massage therapists, bodyworkers, physiotherapists, and other interested fitness and health professionals, who want some ‘in-depth’ instruction on locating and treating myofascial trigger points.
The workshop will deal with the above issues and we will be locating and treating TrPs in the infraspinatus, supraspinatus, teres minor, and subscapularis (rotator cuff muscles). As well, the latissimus dorsi, pectoralis major/minor, serratus anterior, rhomboids, teres major, trapezius, levator scapulae, SCM, scalenes, and other neck and head muscles related to this workshop.
We’ll also discuss TrPs in TMJ related muscles and their role in TMJD
- detailed palpation techniques of muscles for trigger points, treatment techniques, post-treatment protocol, latent / active TrPs, contraindications.
- explain how TrPs play a major role in shoulder pain/ROM issues and migraine.
- discuss the muscles that play a causal role in these issues – and how to deactivate their trigger points.Trigger Point Workshop – France
- demonstrate how exercise affects trigger points in these muscles.
- protocol for rehabilitating the TrP affected muscle.
- how TrPs always affect muscle strength and performance and why muscle performance always improves when trigger points are removed.
- the effects of heat/ice on TrPs.
- how stress, medications, over-use, trauma and skeletal abnormalities affect TrPs.
Course duration: 6 hours. Certificate will be issued
NCBTMB – 6 CE Hours
CCBC (Chiropractic) – 6 Hours
CSEP – 6 hours (Category G)
Prerequisite: Must be a massage therapist or certified bodyworker or a health professional who treats chronic pain on a regular basis. This prerequisite may be waived by William Huhn
Note: Workshop prerequisites may at times be amended by a Host, to best suit the needs of the attendees.
Sign up for workshops using the form below.