Lumbar, Hip, Buttock, Groin
This 6 hour, CE workshop is designed for massage therapists, bodyworkers, physiotherapists, and other interested health professionals, who want some ‘in-depth’ instruction on locating and treating myofascial trigger points. This C.E. workshop covers the above issues and we will be locating and treating TrPs in the quadratus lumborum (QL), psoas, iliacus, rectus abdominis, abdominal obliques, erector spinae, deep spinal, gluteus minimus, medius and maximus, pectineus, adductor brevis, longus and magnus, tensor fascia latae, piriformis, semimembranosus, semitendinosus, vastus lateralis, and soleus.
We’ll also discuss TrPs in the intrapelvic muscles and their role in genital, rectum, perineum, bladder and other pelvic related issues.
- Detailed palpation techniques of muscles for trigger points, treatment techniques, post-treatment protocol, latent / active TrPs, contraindications.
- Explain how TrPs play a major role in lumbar, hip, buttock and groin pain/ache.
- Discuss the muscles that play a causal role in these issues – and how to deactivate their trigger points.
- Demonstrate how exercise affects trigger points in the involved muscles.
- Explain how TrPs always affect muscle strength and performance and why muscle performance always improves when trigger points are removed.
- The effects of heat / ice on TrPs.
- How stress, medications, over-use, trauma and skeletal abnormalities affect TrPs.
Course duration: 6 hours. Certificate will be issued
NCBTMB – 6 CE Hours
CCBC (Chiropractic) 6 Hours
Prerequisite: massage therapist or certified bodyworker or a health professional who treats soft-tissue pain on a regular basis.
This prerequisite may be waived by William Huhn
Note: Workshop prerequisites may at times be amended by a Host, to best suit the needs of the attendees.