Abdominopelvic and Intrapelvic Trigger Points
This 6 hour, CE workshop is suitable for massage therapists, bodyworkers, physiotherapists, and other interested fitness and health professionals.
The workshop will deal with the above issues and we will be locating and treating TrPs in the quadratus lumborum, rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis, and external obliques. Attendees will also practice palpation techniques to discover and treat TrPs in the hip adductors, and iliopsoas muscles.
We’ll also discuss intrapelvic / pelvic floor TrPs, and their effects on the pelvic and genital area.
- detailed palpation techniques of muscles for trigger points, treatment techniques, post-treatment protocol, latent/active TrPs, contraindications.
- explain how TrPs play a major role in abdominopelvic symptoms that include; dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), dyspareunia (painful intercourse), groin ache/pain, bladder symptoms, acid reflux /GERD, IBS, loss of appetite (anorexia), proctalgia fugax/genital pain.
- discuss the muscles that play a causal role in these issues – and how to deactivate their trigger points.
- demonstrate how exercise affects trigger points in these muscles.
- protocol for rehabilitating the TrP affected muscle.
- how TrPs always affect muscle strength and performance and why muscle performance always improves when trigger points are removed.
- the effects that heat/ice have on TrPs.
- how stress, medications, over-use, trauma and skeletal abnormalities affect TrPs.
Course duration: 6 hours.
Certificate of Completion will be issued
NCBTMB – 6 CE Hours
Prerequisite: Physiotherapist, massage therapist or certified bodyworker or health professionals who treat soft-tissue pain on a regular basis.
This prerequisite may be waived by William Huhn
Note: Workshop prerequisites may at times be amended by a Host, to best suit the needs of the attendees.
Sign up for workshops using the form below.